.

.

Saturday, October 17, 2015

October 2015

Colin,
You are the apple of our eye. You are the chillest, calmest little dude we could have ever asked for. You honestly only cry if you are hungry or tired. I love your BIG eyes. You have this wide eyed look that just makes me smile when I look at you. You have really started baby talking this week saying things like "mama" and "dada". You can officially roll over from front to back, back to front! We've all been helping you with this sitting up unassisted business, and you're getting there slowly. You light up every time you see your sister, and she can get you to giggle especially when  you both are in the car together.

Kylie,
You are definitely my quintessential little two year old. You are testing your boundaries, seeing how much freedom you can get away with. Mommy and Daddy are both trying to figure out how to let you know there's rules without crushing your little spirit, or making you feel like you're always being told no. We love you so much. I love how most people are impressed with what a good communicator you are. You say full sentences, and even use some Spanish phrases. You love helping out with your "buddy" aka Colin. Can I just say I love you call him buddy!? "It's OK buddy!" "Don't cry buddy" "Good morning buddy!"

Me,
Embarking on a more hands free journey, putting away distractions, especially the phone when the kids are awake. Being fully present in the moments, and making sure that I'm making my children's childhood memories happy ones. I want them to remember a mom who played with them, and wasn't distracted. Also, I'm trying and learning to keep my patience having a full out toddler, some days are easier then others, that's for sure. Loving doing zumba every Friday and working on getting this mama body of mine in shape. TV show obsessions is Mindy Project and Nashville. Reading Gretchen Rubin's (Happiness Project),  Elizabeth Gilbert (Big Magic), and Brene Brown (Rising Strong) books. I miss my hubby when he's doing school + work, but I know this time will pass. Love 100 calorie popcorn bags, any dinner involving spaghetti squash, and my diet coke. General conference was amazing for me and I can't believe it's almost the end of October! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment