.

.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

One Year Anniversary


We were married on February 17 of last year. I am the type of person that I think the first year anniversary, the 5th, the 10th, you should do something special to celebrate. As the 17th falls on Sunday we've decided to celebrate Valentine's and our Anniversary Friday the 15th, and Saturday the 16th.

We went down to Logan on Friday where we went and saw the new Nicolas Sparks movie Safe Haven. After the movie I took him onto the USU campus to have my FIRST KISS on the A platform on campus! Utah State has a tradition where you stand on top of this platform with the shape of the letter A, and kiss someone. I never did it when I went to school there, and always wanted to save it for my husband. It was cheesy, but a fun moment/excuse to kiss him! We went to my FAVORITE restaurant in Logan that's called Cafe Sabor (sweet pork quesadilla = heaven). We finished the night at the ANNIVERSARY INN, which has themed rooms you can choose from. We got the Romantic Hollywood suite which has endless movies, endless chocolate chip cookies, popcorn, apple cider and cheesecake! Can't lie that the pregnant girl was SOLD on the free food and movies.


Saturday I forgot to bring a dress to go to the temple. Russell is so sweet that he had already planned to take me shopping for a new dress. We went to Down East Basics where I found this adorable dress for only $20 that I'll be able to wear as my belly grows. We went to the Logan temple and did a two hour sealing session! We hadn't expected to be in the temple that long so I was hungry so we had lunch at Angie's right after getting out of the temple. Russell and I LOVE nature so we drove up the canyon to Bear Lake to sight see. That night we had dinner at the Olive Garden in Salt Lake and came home. Russell and I felt like this was our little honeymoon. We did NOT want to come home! We both just kept wishing this was a longer trip for us. We LOVED being together all day long! It was an AMAZING anniversary with my best friend! 

2 comments:

  1. haha....we stayed in that room when we were married for like 5 months :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw Phantom of the Opera at BYU (it was amazing!) and went to Rodizio Grill in Salt Lake. I like my veggies and fruits but sometimes a girl just needs a good dose of meat and cheese! Have a blast this weekend.

    ReplyDelete