.

.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Thankful Tree Tradition

November is here, and that means Thanksgiving month is here. I love the holidays, I love how they give you something to look forward to each month. I feel like November often gets overlooked because everyone is so eager to celebrate christmas. I really want to make a conscious effort to celebrate everything this month means! I don't think it's a coincidence that this holiday falls right before christmas. Russell and I want to concentrate on gratitude and being thankful! I saw this Thankful tree on pinterest and fell in love. Each day of this month we are handmaking our own leaves to place on the "tree" with things we are grateful for. 

When we started this today I turned and asked Kylie what she'd be thankful for. She was holding her book in her hand, looked at me and said "books", may or may not have been a legit answer but it went on the tree nontheless. I'm excited to add more and more leaves to our tree. Russell and I also want to concentrate on doing random acts of kindness this month to show our gratitude to family, friends, and neighbors. I love baking so a lot of these acts may be goodies on doorsteps haha. I love these holidays!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment