.

.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Scotland

So we arrived there via kings cross station : ) and then went to our hostel! Once settled we went and walked the Royal mile and went in every little scottish shop we could! I so was tempted to buy bagpipes, believe you me! Then we went and watched Scottish parliament... not gonna lie kinda boring (talking about the swine flu) and then we went to Edinburgh castle.
Our second day we wore workout clothes and took to the moutains for an intense morning hike! It was so beautiful and so worth the burn. I had my Ipod and was listening to the braveheart soundtrack when I reached the top of a cliff overlooking the ENTIRE edinburgh valley! It was SO WINDY! and Mom you would have been scared but it was so BEAUTIFUL!
Then that day we went to the scottish national gallery and did the ghost tour of Edinburgh to their underground valuts! Not way scary but the guy was a really good story teller so we heard some truly intersting stories. I'll tell you one torture one when I get home! So gruesome, never had heard of it!
The biggest difference I noticed between London and Edinburgh scotland was the men, the women, and the fashion, and the buildings. Edinburgh is a little more open and a lot older looking. Cobblestone streets, dark buldings, Older buildings, puffer men, and uglier women. That is the description I can best give you.
The nature of Scotland is so PRETTY! My favorite moments where on this Island we got a boat ride to called Ichamamore! I can't describe in words how pretty it was! So lush so small and so beautiful! Then the William Wallace monument had the best forest path I've ever seen!
SO PRETTY!

1 comment:

  1. This is Ben! Ha Ha I can't believe that you went up the mountain listening to the BraveHeart song i think the only diff. between you and me is I probably would have had the wooden sword with me too just to be a little more authentic. You'll have to tell us about that torture story and don't come home with the swine flu lol

    ReplyDelete