.

.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Favorite Moments of 2014

New year is upon us and I wanted to take a second to reflect on a few of my favorite memories of 2014...
In February we celebrated our 2 year anniversary by going on a little trip to St. George. My parents have the cutest house down there they let us stay in to celebrate another year of marriage coming, and going. Kylie was about 7 months old. We had such a blast hiking, where I can honestly say for the 1st time in me life I enjoyed hiking. I have to say my marriage to this man of mine is seriously blessed by the heavens... I'm honestly so in love with him!!!

In July our baby girl turned ONE!! We had the best birthday party for her, went to the zoo and later went on a Lake powell trip. I could not believe we had a one year old on our hands now. She was a colicky newborn who only wanted me to hold her, but by the time she reached this milestone she was a dream baby! She has been to this day :) she is so smiley, talkative, and giving. 

 This year was tough with Russell going to school for bio medical engineering full time and working at the University of U's hospital full time. One of the things I look back on and cherish is all that one on one time her and I were able to have together. I really loved our dates to the park for her to swing on the swings , our libraries baby storytime, visiting grandma's, girls trips + lunch dates. She truly was my best buddy this year. 


I found out probably mid august that I was pregnant. I'd been breastfeeding Kylie before that so I honestly didn't have a clue how far a long I was. Russell and I guessed I was just 9 weeks when we had our first doctors appt to find out I was actually 13 weeks pregnant! At 16 weeks we got to have the coolest experience thanks to my bro in law Steve, where we got to find out that we were expecting a boy at my parents house during a family sunday dinner! 
In fall we got to help with my little brothers lip dup youtube proposal. I was 5 months pregnant but still wanted to dance in the video for him. It was just a blast to get together with friends + family and celebrate love together! My family is tight and do a lot of things together, and I'm thankful for that! Of course we had to go big for our littlest brother!

This year our one main holiday Russell was going to have completely off from work was Thanksgiving. It seemed appropriate being the holiday that's all about being thankful :) I was thankful to get him for at least one major holiday. We even baked our first homemade pie together  for the occasion. I was sicker then a dog, but he was there helping me navigate bedrest and hospital visits.

Kylie's 2nd Christmas at 17 months! I never posted a picture of her outfit for xmas day. We missed Daddy on Christmas eve, and Christmas night this year. She has used her big girl potty more then a couple of times, is great at saying "please", and "thank you". Her cutest thing she started doing was when I ask her if she wants something she'll shake her head very slowly and literally whisper a girly "no". 

My little brother got married in December! Kylie killed me in her grey dress + sparkly gold shoes. Seeing her twirling around the reception + blowing kisses at friends makes this mama's heart jump. 

2014 was a great year with great memories, but also was tough for both Russell + I. We definetly don't like hardly ever seeing each other and are excited for some changes in 2015 that will change that! I'm so thankful for the women in my life I have, best friends I can talk to for hours on the phone, email on missions, and mom's that are always there for a visit :) excited to see what 2015 will hold!!! One thing I know for sure is that we'll be a family of 4!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment