.

.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The British Library and a TUBE STRIKE!!




So if you don't have an ear tuned into the international news you probably wouldn't know that there is a tube strike going on in London. Three million people on average ride the tube "subway" everyday and currently it is completely closed for the day. Wondering what that means London is like right now, CROWDED!!!! People either have to walk, ride a bike, ride a bus/taxi, or drive. So don't worry when you go to a bus stop to get on a bus there are about 50 people waiting at the stop with you.
So I woke up today driven and wanting to go and see a bunch of things but also realizing that I was probably only going to have time to go see one thing on my list (which I was right) and that thing was the British Library.
Within the British Library they have an exhibit of the Beatles handwritten songs like "I want to hold your hand" and "yesterday" so I got to see what their handwriting was like and the doodles they drew along with the lyrics. I also got to see the original Magna Carta.
After that I had a long, detoured walking/bus ride back to the house for dinner once again at 4:45 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment