.

.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Westminster Abbey

Westminster abbey's entrance
I sat in one of those chairs during the service.

So today I slept in then I headed off to Portbello market to get the cheapest fruit and once I had my fruit I went off to Convent Garden market, and then from there I have no idea how I got there but somehow I just ended up in front of Westminster abbey.

I was walking around looking at how amazing it is when I can see that people are just going in for free. I was like, What is this? Free Westminster Abbey? So I walked up to one of the clergy and asked if I could go in, "Of course." he says. It was evensong session were I was seated next to a true British man, heavy tweed coat and all. He also had the best accent and was really into the service and that in turn made me more into it.
It was really cool to just look up and around and realize that this is the place most monarch's have been crowned! How amazing I was sitting like twenty feet away from where they crown a monarch!

1 comment: