.

.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Greenwich

The Royal Observatory
View from the Royal Observatory


Today I took my last final (test), and got on the tube to head for Greenwich. The train ride was about 45 minutes long because Greenwich is a little outside the city. I went to the Queen's house, the Marine Museum, and the Royal Observatory. Anyone who knows me, knows I loved the movie Titanic and during a phase of my life I would read books about that little boat tragedy. Well I happened to stumble on a garden erected for those that died during the Titanic incident which I found very touching and a special moment in my life.

The three coolest parts of Greenwich
1) Looking through a telescope and seeing Saturn
2) Touching a meteorite that is 4 billion years old... so I've officially touched one of the oldest things on earth.
3) Standing on/at the Prime Meridian

No comments:

Post a Comment